Hey guys, remember Toby Gerhart? You know, that white running back the Vikings have? He, uh, ran for 169 yards in 2012? 50 attempts? Um … two "official" fumbles, but probably at least two others that he should have been charged with. Yeah, he had a real solid year, future of this franchise. Well, he's been learning TONS from Adrian Peterson during the time that they've been on the team together. For instance, as was referenced in the Pioneer Press:
|"I'm never going to be as fast as him and stuff like that, but just the little things — whether it be work ethic, the way he trains in the offseason," Gerhart said. "During the season in the weight room, he's still getting after it, staying strong. We communicate well on what we see on the field, seeing what he sees compared to what I see."|
Haha, he is adorable. But that's not all. Here are some other things that Adrian Peterson has taught Toby Gerhart over the years:
Just like Tarvaris Jackson did where he learned a bunch of invaluable tips from sitting behind Brett Favre for two seasons, Toby Gerhart is learning great lessons by playing behind possibly the best running back in the history of the NFL ever in Adrian Peterson. So what, exactly, is he learning?
– To stop being white.
– To stop fumbling the ball when you only carry it 50 times a year, god dammit.
– Tear your ACL whenever you can. They rebuild you. They have the technology. You'll come back better and stronger than ever, unless you're not Adrian Peterson, in which case your career will likely be ruined forever.
– Very specific examples of what NOT to do when attempting to pass block as a running back. Sometimes it's better to learn through negative examples, to see exactly what you're doing wrong, in order to do something so right.
– Stanford was a stupid school, and those college teams were only so good because no-neck Andrew Luck led them, who then went on to lead a horrible Colts team to the playoffs.
– Apparently, to always wear your chin strap so tight that it looks like you're always having your cheeks pinched by an old Vikings grandma, because, I mean, just look at Toby.
– That big biceps are sweet looking, but that you also need to know how to use them to like, you know, stiff arm people and shit like that.
Did we miss any tips that Peterson has been giving Gerhart? Let us know in the comments.